PHONE: +49 221 88835 510
- University of Cologne, Germany
- Master of Law in economic (LL.M.oec) University of Cologne, Germany
- Tax Advisor Exam, Frankfurt
- Languages: German, English
- Chamber of Tax Advisors Cologne
- German Bar Association Cologne
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- National and International Tax Law, German Investment Tax Law
- Regulatory Law for Investment Funds and Insurance Companies
- Alternative Investments
- Real Estate
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Private Equity, Investment Funds
Attorney, Certified Tax Advisor
Partner – Cologne
Daniel began his professional career in the FS tax department of a BigFour advisory firm in Frankfurt and Singapore focused on Alternative Investments (Private Equity, Renewable Energies, Infrastructure, Real Estate, Debt Funds etc.) for national and international investors from a tax perspective.
Thereafter, Daniel worked in several positions in the financial service industry, including in the transaction structuring department at Henderson Global Investors, the corporate finance department at Axa Investment Managers, and the tax department of other BigFour companies. He has also gained extensive experience in understanding the particularities of the alternative investment industry and private equity market.
Daniel is specialized in International tax law and German regulatory and tax law for UCITS, AIFs and Joint Venture Companies (e.g. German Investment Tax Act, Foreign Tax Act) and he was responsible for the setup of Luxembourg investment platforms for all Alternative Investments of three major German insurance companies.
Further, Daniel has worked on numerous M&A deals and has been advising German and foreign investors in all tax matters.
Daniel is a tax partner of Andersen Tax & Legal in Germany, the German member firm of Andersen Global.